It’s no secret to anyone who knows me that I love my hometown. Five years away for college and my first year of marriage was enough for me and I don’t ever want to live anywhere else.
I could list dozens of reasons for my love of Knoxville. But that’s not the purpose of this post. Lately it seems like every other week Knoxville makes someone’s top ten list, and I thought it would be fun to gather as many as I could find into one place, thereby proving once and for all that IT’S NOT JUST ME, y’all! EVERYONE loves this place!
1. Knoxville is the most romantic city!
2. Knoxville is the second most well-read city!
3. Knoxville is the most dog-friendly city in the Southeast!
4. Knoxville is the 8th gayest city!
5. Knoxville is the most Bible-minded city!
6. Knoxville is one of the best places to raise a family!
7. Knoxville is the number 5 best value city!
8. Knoxville is one of only three cities to be completely recovered from the Recession!
9. Knoxville is one of the best places to retire for under 40K!
10. Knoxville is the best place to retire on the water!
11. Knoxville is first in green jobs growth!
12. Knoxville is one of the top ten running-friendly communities!
13. Knoxville is number one among Let’s Move cities!
14. Knoxville is one of the top ten growing cities!
15. Knoxville is the most perfectly average city!
16. Knoxville is the most patriotic city!
17. Knoxville is one of TripAdvisor’s top ten up-and-coming destinations!
18. Knoxville is one of the ten best cities to relocate to!
19. Knoxville is the Blue Ridge Outdoors Top Big City for 2015!
20. Knoxville has the least traffic congestion of 174 major cities worldwide!
21. Travel and Leisure named Knoxville #8 in its 2016 list of America’s Favorite Cities!
22. Travel and Leisure named Knoxville #4 in its recent list of America’s Friendliest Cities!
23. Southern Living says Knoxville is one of the South’s Best College Cities.
24. Livability ranks Knoxville one of the ten most affordable cities for 2018!
25. Insider has named Knoxville one of the 20 most hipster cities!
Plus, it’s beautiful here, y’all. I don’t need any polls to tell me that.
Do you know any more top-ten lists Knoxville has made? Tell me in the comments and I will add them!