Spring Fling

For the past several years, starting on the first day of Spring I’ve posted a quotation about the season as my Facebook status.  I love Spring so much that I needed to celebrate!  My friends seemed to approve, which encouraged me because who doesn’t like “likes” on Facebook?
This year I decided to go one better.  Having recently learned how to make quote pictures (with various easy-peasy websites), I’ve been illustrating the quotation of the day.  I post just the words on my personal page, and the pictures on my blog page.
Because I want to be able to pin them as well, I’m collecting them all here.  I took all the pictures myself, but I can’t take credit for the words!  I hope you enjoy them.
And he departed from our sight that we
Spring 2015, Knoxville Botanical Gardens and Arboretum.
April hath put a spirit of youth in
Spring 2015, Pellissippi State Community College campus.
But from this earth, this grave, this
Spring 2015, Stoney Point Baptist Church Cemetery in Hardin Valley.
First a howling blizzard woke us,Then
Spring 2015, first crocus in my front yard.
Our Lord has written the promise of the
Spring 2015, Knoxville Botanical Gardens and Arboretum.
Spring 1Spring 2010, front yard of our former home.
spring 2
Spring 2014, on the Pellissippi Greenway.
Spring has returned. The Earth is like a
Spring 2014, Anchor Park, Farragut.
spring-shows-what-god-can-do-with-a-drab
Spring 2010, front yard of our former home.
springtime 3Just before Spring 2015, my garden.
springtime 4
Spring 2010, the front yard of our former home.
Ye sleeping buds, breakOpen your green

Spring 2015, Knoxville Botanical Gardens and Arboretum.
The sun has come out... and the air isSpring 2015, Pellissippi State Community College Campus.

The day the Lord created hope was

Spring 2015, Seven Islands State Birding Park.
springtime 9
Spring 2010, in the woods behind our former home.
springtime 8
Spring 2010, Chilhowee Park.
springtime 7
Spring 2014, along the Pellissippi Greenway.
springtime 6
Spring 2013, Papermill Greenway.
springtime 5
Spring 2010, front yard of our former home.
That God once loved a garden we learn in
Spring 2015, Knoxville Botanical Gardens and Arboretum.Every spring is the only spring — aSpring 2015, Knoxville Botanical Gardens and Arboretum.
Every April, God rewrites the Book of
Spring 2015, Knoxville Botanical Gardens and Arboretum.
Earth trembles with ecstasy, her flowers
Spring 2015, my front yard.
Crocus fires are kindling one by one . . . - Christina Rossetti
March 2016, my front yard.
and-the-spring-arose-on-the-garden-fairlike-the-spirit-of-love-felt-everywhere
Spring 2016, Sequoyah Hills Greenway.
for-every-person-who-has-ever-lived-there-has-come-at-last-a-spring-he-will-never-see-glory-then-in-the-springs-that-are-yours-pam-brown
Spring 2016, Forks of the River Trails.
o-how-this-spring-of-love-resembleththe-uncertain-glory-of-an-april-day-shakespeare
Mother’s Day 2014, Melton Hill Park.
spring-beckons-all-things-to-the-call-respond-ambrose-bierce
Spring 2016, my garden.
the-beautiful-spring-came-and-when-nature-resumes-her-loveliness-the-human-soul-is-apt-to-revive-also-harriet-ann-jacobs
Spring 2016, Forks of the River Trails.
the-best-kind-of-spring-morning-is-the-best-weather-god-has-to-offer-dodie-smith
Spring 2016, my garden.
the-endlessly-long-winter-had-at-last-turned-to-spring-lauren-oliver
Spring 2016, my garden.

Creative K Kids
Creative K Kids

1. phyllis kramer says:

I, too, love Spring. THank you for the beautiful photos.

2. Beth Carroll Hunley says:

Lovely pictures of spring and lovely quotes!!!

3. happymamahealthykids says:

Wow, these are beautiful!! And what a great idea. Thank you for sharing!

4. Christine says:

Spring is most certainly a reason to celebrate. Beautiful photos!

5. melissa says:

Spring is my FAVORITE season. It’s euphoric! Everything bursting and blossoming! Makes me so happy!

6. 2patkath says:

You made our Fridays Blog Booster Party so much sweeter with those lovely spring photos and verses. I am trying to pick which one I like the best. Maybe this one, Spring 2015, Seven Islands State Birding Park. Hard to pick though. I am looking forward to more of your posts next Friday.
    Kathleen

7. I love the quotes with pictures. They are very pretty.

8. Thank you for the inspiration! Great pictures..very peaceful.

9. Claudya says:

Fantastic! Pinned!!! Thank you.

10. Beautiful, Leslie! Gorgeous pictures.. I love Spring, too. It’s a time of such promise and hope! Thanks for sharing!

11. So many beautiful quotes and images! I am so excited to see spring finally beginning to bloom!

12. SixPackMommy says:

Beautiful, peaceful pictures. And as a former English teacher, I LOVE your quote choices! 🙂

13. These are beautiful words and photos!

14. They are all awesome photos! Love the quotes you picked for them also!

15. Amy says:

What a great collection. I think the Shakespeare about April was my favorite. It made me want to go outside and play!

16. I love all these beautiful pictures and quotes. I especially like “Every April God rewrites the book of Genesis” Just beautiful 🙂

17. Deepika says:

I love Spring, and all the quotes are so apt. Love them all.

18. Crystal says:

Dear WIND; Go away so i can enjoy spring please!

19. JcCee says:

The pictures are beautiful! I love the collection of quotes especially “No winter lasts forever; no spring skips its turn. The spring always come!

20. Linda Nortje says:

Stunning photos and you paired them well with the quotes ! Love the post !

21. Allison (funfamily.vacations) says:

These are great pictures. Spring is my favorite time of year!

22. kathyh says:

I love Spring too, and the quotes are a brilliant idea 🙂 Shakespeare and Neruda are my favourites!

23. louisakopp says:

Such lovely photos and quotes! Why I love spring – thanks for reminding me! 🙂

24. Very beautiful blog. Very uplifting!

25. Annabel says:

We can breathe spring by reading your post and seeing your pictures. It’s so refreshing!

26. jehdld says:

Oh, I do love a great quote and of course, your pictures are stunning!

27. Beautiful inspiring and refreshing. Thank you for the pictures and for the inspiring words!

28. These pictures are beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing!

29. Beautiful! I love spring!

30. Jane says:

These picture quotes are beautiful Leslie. Thank you for sharing. Thoroughly. enjoyed each & every one!

31. vaneese06 says:

Spring is definitely an awakening time of year now that I think about it. Great quotes and lovely pictures!

32. mommytime365 says:

That was lovely, great job on the pictures!

33. Sara says:

These are all beautiful and inspiring photographs. Thanks for sharing!

34. Thank you for sharing all your lovely photographs you’re very talented! I enjoy looking at your photos and reading the quotes ! Stunning Leslie!!!

35. Rosie says:

I love the weeping willow and redbud pictures especially!

1. November 19, 2015

[…] on my blog using my own photographs and suitable quotations.  Just as I did earlier this year with my Spring quote pictures, I thought it would be nice to put them all together in one post along with a little information […]

2. January 2, 2016