This has been a totally awesome month for me blogwise, y’all.
First, hard to believe but I have been writing this thing for FIVE YEARS now. My “blogiversary” was April 7.
Next, while I haven’t been writing as much as I want to or should, I’ve been doing a lot of networking, which has borne some exciting fruit. My Facebook fan page now has over 1,100 likes. Just a few days ago, I got this award from the blogging networking group I’ve been spending so much time in:
And then the icing on the cake is that my friend Crystal of So-So Mom, who I met through the above group, nominated me for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award!
I am so touched and honored! Now, this is an award that comes with an assignment: I have to answer a list of ten questions that Crystal sent me, and then I get to write my own questions and nominate some bloggers to answer them!
Here we go!
1. Who is your favorite “Survivor” this season or are you rolling your eyes because you think this is a stupid question?
This is hilarious because I have literally never watched one second of this show this year or any other year, even when the lady from my hometown (Tina Wesson) was on it and won! The last time I watched t.v. regularly was 14 years ago when the last season of The X-Files was on. Seriously. I’ve never seen American Idol either. Or any other reality-type show except for You Tube clips and one episode of The Bachelor because my little sister made me.
2. Which drives you crazier, lying or giant mess-making?
If giant mess-making drove me crazy I’d be in the madhouse long ago. Not that I like it, but with five kids I am surrounded by it. And I hate being lied to.
3. What dumb song gets stuck in your head the most often, you know, the one that will be there all day since I brought it up?
Who knows why, and I’m certainly dating myself, but “If” by Bread comes into my head randomly ALL THE TIME.
4. Do you know your personality type and if so, what is it?
If we are talking Meyers-Briggs, I had to take the test for a job long, long ago, and I was an INFJ at the time. I’ve occasionally come up INTJ since. Anyone who knows me in real life will agree that the I and the J are strong for sure.
5. If you had to do one of these chores the old-fashioned way, would it be cooking or laundry?
How old-fashioned are we talking? I do most cooking from scratch already, so I’d probably be better off doing that. I don’t much like the idea of using a washboard and tub with the amount of laundry I do.
6. When you procrastinate, does it make your work better or worse, or do you almost never procrastinate?
I don’t procrastinate much. I have too much to do.
7. What is the last thing you said that you wish you could take back?
I called someone a dog in the manger. I probably shouldn’t have said that.
8. What is the prettiest thing you see each day (humans excluded)?
The flowers in my garden. I’m in heaven this time of year. There is always something new popping up.
9. What is the first thing you would do if you won the lottery?
Pay off every penny that we owe. I can tell you what I’d do with every penny, too, having put a lot of thought into it! However, this won’t happen since I would never buy a lottery ticket.
10. If you could have personally witnessed anything, what would you have seen?
I don’t have a burning desire to go back and witness an important event; instead what I would like to do is to go back to various times in the past and walk the streets of my hometown and see what everything looked like back then.
Now I get to pass on some fun to some great bloggers I know! I nominate the following:
Robin of The Golden Rule Kids
Yanique of Kiddie Matters
Nicole of Mommy Talk
Jccee of Journey to a Healthy Me
Kim of Knock It Off Crafts
Michele of Life Redesign 101
Please answer the following questions. Link back to me and also come back and comment to let me know when you’ve answered and leave us a link here so everyone can see your answers!
1. How did you choose the name for your blog?
2. What kind of writing did you do in your pre-blogging life?
3. How do you define blogging in YOUR life? A job, a vocation, a hobby?
4. Provide a link to your favorite blog post.
5. Provide a link to the post you think is the most popular.
6. What was your very first job and what did you learn from that experience?
7. Does your family read your blog and if so does this affect what you say or how you say it?
8. Have you made virtual friends because of blogging?
9. What is your dream job?
10. What do you do to take care of yourself?
Can’t wait to see your answers! And thanks again to Crystal!