Ten Things of Thankful: Big 100

Ten Things of Thankful
This is only the second time I’ve participated in TToT but I can still celebrate its big milestone, right?
Several months ago I started my own private thankfulness practice in my prayer life (that sounds way more holy than it is–we’re talking praying in bed before dropping off to sleep at night).  I resolved to begin my prayers by thanking God for each day’s blessings, start to finish, before I started asking Him for things.  Y’all, most of the time I fall asleep before I get to the asking part.  And I find myself excited to reflect on the good things that happen each day.  Because there are ALWAYS good things.  And doing this has improved my outlook on life–so simply, so easily.
So without further ado, here are ten things I am thankful for this week:
1.  Teddy has been home all week!  it’s a short visit because he is heading to Chicago for most of the summer to intern and Kirkland & Ellis.  I’m thankful that we got to spend a little time with him as well as for his achievements.
teddy short hair
2.  Teddy wanted to watch all of the Lord of the Rings movies while he was home, so I spent a lot of time in front of the t.v. over the weekend–very unusual for me.  I enjoy sharing things I love with my children, and I was inspired to read the books once again.
3.  I had another post featured on BlogHer!  After never ever being published anywhere, now it’s happened twice in two weeks.  Could it be a sign?  I hope so!
4.  The weather is glorious and my garden is blooming.  Yesterday I took a nap in the front yard among the clover blossoms.  They smelled wonderful and I didn’t even care that they made my nose run.
roses
5.  I was nominated for another blogging award!
6.  I scored some free tickets (another blogging perk) to some fun attractions for our next visit to the D.C./Baltimore area!
7.  The whole family was able to share Mother’s Day Brunch.
mother and sisters
8.  Emily and I made some major progress cleaning out our garage, with more to come this weekend.  This was long overdue and made me happy.
9.  Via blogging, I have become part of a lovely group of women and we really bonded this week!  Virtual friends are REAL friends!
10.  The school year is winding down!  We are tired and ready for sleeping later and not worrying about homework for awhile.
Just like my prayers, coming up with ten things to be thankful for is an exercise in gratitude that can benefit anyone!  Check out the posts in the linkup, and consider joining in!
Ten Things of Thankful

1. MommyTalk73 says:

I think I am going to consider joining! Its a great idea!! Thank you for sharing with us, sounds like you have a lot to be thankful for 🙂 I am glad you are so blessed!!

2. Kim says:

Awe this is lovely. You most definitely have a lot to be grateful for this week! Congratulations for being featured on BlogHer again!!

3. Jenny Farmer says:

Sounds like a great week!

4. What a fantastic week! Somethings to be grateful for, and we in turn are blessed to have you in our lives! When we ever get together, we’ll have to schedule in some LOTRs time! I became a big fan through my son!

5. Gunjan says:

Congratulations on being featured on blogher! Very nice article.

6. karyl henry says:

What a fantastic idea! it’s so easy to forget about all the little things we can be thankful for

7. Sounds like a bunch of simply WONDERFUL things to be thankful for. Thanks for sharing!

8. I love the idea of recording gratitude lists. Feeling thankful always helps me when I need a lift.

9. Michelle says:

What a great idea!! This really makes one appreciate all the little things in our lives … I will have to join in next week 🙂

10. Such beautiful flowers! And congrats on the blog award. #FridayBlogBooster

11. Very Inspiring! Sounds like you have a lot to be thankful for. I need to make a list too!

12. 2patkath says:

I do believe that living with a thankful attitude can change ones whole outlook and result in a much happier person. I love that you shared that to remind us all Leslie.
    Kathleen
    Fridays Blog Booster Party

13. Kristi says:

So glad you decided to join in the celebration! Your garden looks lovely. I can smell the roses from here. 🙂

14. Roshni says:

That’s a beautiful ritual to remind yourself of all the good things that happened the whole day!
    Congratulations on the blog feature!

15. My Hub and I watched all of the LOTR movies on our honeymoon. Neither of us was feeling too well and we were SO tired. It was perfectly lovely to curl up on a big sofa in our suite and watch them and nap.
    Your garden is beautiful! I don’t know if I could sleep among the flowers – too many allergies there! But what a lovely idea for a warm spring day!
    The blogging relationships you’ll find are indeed a wonderful thing.
    Glad you’re with us again for TToT!

16. May says:

Soooooooo ready for school to be done! Everyone there is hot and crabby.
    Congrats on your BlogHer features. That is great!

17. Thomasina says:

What a fantastic list! I’ve done this with my family a couple of times for dinner conversation. It really helps to keep focused on the blessings in life. Thanks for sharing!! And congrats on being featured on Blogher!

18. dyannedillon says:

You can celebrate with us whether it’s your second week or hundredth week! I do the same prayer thing you do, only I do it in the morning, while I’m putting off getting out of bed (I can’t get up yet, I’m PRAYING). My son does occasional old movie marathons. He re-watched his Land Before Time movies a couple of years ago, and it was very sweet to see him do it.

• lesliesholly says:

Oh, that IS so sweet. My kids used to love those movies. Now that they are big though they have a joke: Land Before Time 100: Big Rock from the Sky! I like your idea of doing the praying in the morning . . . at the very least I ought to do a morning offering or something like that, if I’m awake enough to remember.

19. ivywalker says:

welcome back! WOW two posts on blogher is not easy especially in such a short time… maybe it IS a sign! Good luck to your son on his internship… I love Chicago!

20. Christine says:

You have such a lovely garden.
    Hard to believe, but I’ve never read the LOTR books or seen the movies. I really need to do that one of these days.
    Chicago is a fun city. Congrats to your son!
    Glad you chose to join us this week!

• lesliesholly says:

Thanks, Christine! At the very least you should watch the movies. They are the best book-to-movie adaptations I’ve seen and it’s hard to imagine that anyone wouldn’t enjoy them!

21. lrconsiderer says:

Ohhhh GORGEOUS roses! Wow! They’re so vibrant! I’m very impressed – it reminds me of the cottage gardens in England in the little villages.
    So happy you’re here again, and that you have such wonderful things on your list. It sounds like life has been going really well for you, so YAY!

22. Vanessa D. says:

Your garden looks so lovely, you are quite a bit ahead of me – here our spring bulbs are just winding down.

• lesliesholly says:

I find it so fun to see different photos on Facebook of friends’ gardens from all around to see what is blooming where. Here in Tennessee the crocuses start as early as January and the daffodils bloom in March. I wish they lasted longer.

23. Your garden is so lovely you could count it as all ten for the week of thankfuls. (I’m sure that there is a rule in the BoSR/SBoR somewhere!) Congratulations on being featured on BlogHer!

24. This is great. I should really start doing this because it’s so important to stop and appreciate the good things in life. Btw your garden is beautiful! And congrats on getting featured!

25. Wonderful way to make new friends. LOTR is a great set of books – and your read of them changes as you get older. It’s my second TToT today too!

• lesliesholly says:

It’s funny–when I was a little girl I would skip the battle parts and only read the parts about Sam and Frodo. Now I like the other parts better. And that’s only one difference, of course.

26. amycake76 says:

I say #9 all the time! Congrats on your BlogHer posts, and your flowers are simply beautiful!

27. You most certainly can celebrate! Doesn’t matter how many times you’ve participated, you’re welcome regardless of posting 1x or 100 😀
    Congratulations on the Blogher x 2! How exciting!
    Those blooms are gorgeous. Would love to think one day I’d have not only a vegetable garden but a flower garden as well.

28. Jeannie says:

What a great idea, Leslie! Can we do a link-up to this?

29. Practicing gratitude is such a simple yet rewarding thing. It always makes me feel so much better, so for the life of me I can’t understand why I always forget to do it! BTW-Congrats to your son, that is such an amazing opportunity!

30. mamarabia says:

The kids and I started a Gratitude Journal as part of our nightly prayer. I should mention that we’ve only remembered to write in it once in the past month, but we did *start* it and it’s there for us to keep working on at some point!

31. valj2750 says:

Congratulations on your blog publishings. Spending time with adult children is always fun and your flowers are lovely. I kept a gratitude journal for a long time and then I hooked up here about a year ago. It is like changing and wonderful.

32. randi says:

I’m finally making it to your post! Love your garden, can that be said? It’s gorgeous. And I’m all about the attitude of gratitude, so I’d also like to agree that school is almost over, and this is a good thing! Thanks for all your support, congratulations on your blog-accomplishments!