This is only the second time I’ve participated in TToT but I can still celebrate its big milestone, right?
Several months ago I started my own private thankfulness practice in my prayer life (that sounds way more holy than it is–we’re talking praying in bed before dropping off to sleep at night). I resolved to begin my prayers by thanking God for each day’s blessings, start to finish, before I started asking Him for things. Y’all, most of the time I fall asleep before I get to the asking part. And I find myself excited to reflect on the good things that happen each day. Because there are ALWAYS good things. And doing this has improved my outlook on life–so simply, so easily.
So without further ado, here are ten things I am thankful for this week:
1. Teddy has been home all week! it’s a short visit because he is heading to Chicago for most of the summer to intern and Kirkland & Ellis. I’m thankful that we got to spend a little time with him as well as for his achievements.
2. Teddy wanted to watch all of the Lord of the Rings movies while he was home, so I spent a lot of time in front of the t.v. over the weekend–very unusual for me. I enjoy sharing things I love with my children, and I was inspired to read the books once again.
3. I had another post featured on BlogHer! After never ever being published anywhere, now it’s happened twice in two weeks. Could it be a sign? I hope so!
4. The weather is glorious and my garden is blooming. Yesterday I took a nap in the front yard among the clover blossoms. They smelled wonderful and I didn’t even care that they made my nose run.
5. I was nominated for another blogging award!
6. I scored some free tickets (another blogging perk) to some fun attractions for our next visit to the D.C./Baltimore area!
7. The whole family was able to share Mother’s Day Brunch.
8. Emily and I made some major progress cleaning out our garage, with more to come this weekend. This was long overdue and made me happy.
9. Via blogging, I have become part of a lovely group of women and we really bonded this week! Virtual friends are REAL friends!
10. The school year is winding down! We are tired and ready for sleeping later and not worrying about homework for awhile.
Just like my prayers, coming up with ten things to be thankful for is an exercise in gratitude that can benefit anyone! Check out the posts in the linkup, and consider joining in!